Saturday, October 08, 2016

Zero Tolerance ZT0620CF, sharp, pointy.

I've posted a few reviews of knives up here before and have had a chance to broaden my horizons in the way of knife makers and steel selection. Today I have my third Zero Tolerance knife, a tanto, something I'm not too in to but in this case the elongated tanto seems to work. I give to you the ZT0620CF. The M390 steel and carbon fiber scaled version of the ZT0620.

I was eyeing this offering from ZT for half a year before seriously thinking of it and before long I made the choice. I am not disappointed in my purchase at all. The build quality is that of a tank. Solid lock up and smooth action with an outstanding blade steel.

This not only my first tanto blade but as well my first M390 steel blade and first Emerson wave opening knife!

The first point, and well the main point, the point. It's mostly to me a self defense knife and at it's core it is. But I am going to use this as an EDC knife to handle the every day in the most part as no one really wants to mess with me.

Secondly this is a super steel. It has a solid feel, tough, heavy and badass. The edge feels like that of no other I've felt. It's hard to describe the sensation of how it dug in to my nail.

Thirdly the Emerson wave opening hook is new to me but instantly I'm loving it. I can't stop playing with this knife. I keep popping it in my pocket just to draw it over and over again!

When I first saw this knife it looked thin, maybe I compared it to the 0770, a little less heavy duty than the other ZTs but after playing with it for a few days this sits right up there as one of those beefy tanks. This knife has a rock solid but buttery smooth lockup and the action feels as beautiful as KVT bearings when it's just washers!

For a knife full of firsts I am not disappointed where ZT delivered on every front and I feel as if this knife will last a lifetime even with heavy use. The carbon fiber scale is smooth and doesn't feel like it'll wear in the pocket at all unlike g10. All in I'd suggest you take that step if you were hesitant towards this piece. An instant classic and EDC for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment