Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Casio G-Shock GW5000. G-Shocks icon.

Hey folks, this is a long time coming. Well sort of? I've had The Icon, the GW5000 for just over 6 months and it has only left my wrist to wear my GW7900 and GXW56 for short spurts. I've given my wrist a new square from the ever so reliant GWM-5610 which by the way was fantastic! I however can't take a break from solar and atomic features. Enter the GW5000. The iconic G-Shock for collectors and enthusiasts alike, not a real head turner but when you wear this model you feel like a boss. I chose to put the resin and stainless steel combi bracelet on it which is outstanding.

Hands down the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. No lie, no stretching the truth. There are no hot spots, no rubbing, chafing or anything. The DLC screw back of this model makes me weak when I think about it. It is incredibly comfortable, although the GWM-5610 had a standard back it was as well very comfortable but nothing compares to The Icon. I haven't tried the strap which came with it as I immediately swapped it for the combi bracelet which adds a ton of sex appeal to a square watch but as well miles of breathing room with pin and link adjustments to really custom fit this bad boy to your wrist. I highly recommend picking up the combi bracelet from a Casio dealer near you. It retails for about $50 USD but is worth every penny for comfort and fit.

The Icons face. The GW5000 has a very crisp display, subdued colors on the surrounding area. Let me speak to the crispness of the LCD display on The Icon, every number or letter has a great viewing range and I compared side by side with the GWM-5610 and just everything is flawless, no slight blur, no ghosting, but superb quality and compliments the build quality of this piece.

If you're looking for a subtle but real durability in a stylish package the GW5000 would be worth the investment. Although if you're looking just for a daily watch that still would do the job or just don't care the GWM-5610 would suffice in a second. The only thing I recommend is aftermarket watch bands for both. The more expensive combi bracelet or a cheaper Zulu or NATO band increases the comfort of both of these 10 fold. For the GW5000 I'd recommend that you get the combi bracelet as you wouldn't want to damage or rub against that beautiful screwback.

No comments:

Post a Comment